Columbus Public School Library building opened in 1853 as the Town Street First Methodist Episcopal Church and became the School Library headquarters on 4/7/1892.
Address 40 Town St E
Architect Yost, Packard and Fay (Remodled church into library)
Demolished ca. 1928.
Became public school library 4/7/1892 land given to Methodists in 1814 by the four proprietors. Log church built 1815 and replaced by a brick church in 1825. That church was replaced in 1852. Site of first Republican Convention which organized here. Congregation moved to 873 Bryden in 1891; Columbus Dispatch 9/19/1891, p4; photo in Columbus 1860-1910 by Barrett OH977.13 C72 B274co p.64