Grant County Hospital

Historical photos of Grant County Hospital - marion, Indiana

The building was the third building to be the home of Marion General Hospital, known at the time as Grant County Hospital. Robert J. Spencer, who served on the hospital board, donated land on the corner of Wabash and Euclid Avenues. Packard was chosen to design it in 1916, and in 1917, the 40-bed hospital was opened at a cost of $70,000. The name was changed back to Marion General Hospital in 1935, and it was renovated to add a new wing in 1944.



The original building can be seen at the rear of the 1944 addition