Worthington High School

Historical photos of Worthington High School

The building pictured here, now known as the Packard Annex, was built in 1916 on the school farm lot. It was the Worthington's High School until 1952 when a new Worthington High School was built to accommodate the boom in births after the end of World War II. The Annex, which became a run-over facility for the school, was designed by Columbus Architect Frank Packard The brick building has oversized arches and limestone ledges, and carved into brick above the southwest window, the cornerstone reads “Erected AD 1915.” It was incorporated into the new expansion of the Peggy R. McConnell Arts Center.