Columbus Savings and Trust (Ferris and Atlas Building)Columbus businesses prospered during the war years. North High Street firms in 1917 included: Armbruster's Dept. Store, McAllister-Mohler Furniture and the Columbus Savings & Trust Co.
Architect- Frank Packard.
Began as Columbus Savings Association and changed to a trust in 1901. Liquidated 2/26/1912. Building also named the Ferris and Atlas Building. Groundbreaking was held in May of 1904, completed in 1905.
From The Ohio Architect and Builder, V3#1, Jan 1904: COLUMBUS March 16 - The large number of skyscrapers under project will be increased by the addition of a new twelve-story building to be erected by the Columbus Savings and Trust Company at the northeast corner of High and Long streets. It will have frontage on High street of 62 1/2 feet and 187 1/2 feet on Long street. It will be constructed along the latest fireproof lines composed of steel brick and stone. Banking rooms on first floor will be finished in marble and mahogony. Four passenger elevators one freight elevator, private electrical plant, hot water heating system, ammonia coils in each office for ice cold water, complete fire protection on every floor, tile flooring, composition roof, ornamental cornices. The cost will be about $700,000. The plans are being prepared by Architect Packard, the New Hayden, and will be complete by April 1 when it is expected bids will be called for.
Dutch Room (1906) - Ohio Club, top of the Atlas Building