This home, currently owned by the Davis family was originally built by Frank
Butterworth in 1903. It is on the corner of West First and Lincoln Road, which
was formerly called Paul Avenue. Mr. Butterworth was a furrier in downtown
Columbus and was killed in 1913 in an elevator shaft accident. The top image is
what the home currently looks like, and the bottom image was taken circa 1920.
For more information, see the 1998 Tour of Homes document (in PDF format).