This home is the original home of Mr. and Mrs. Sylvio Casparis, who later built the Casparis Castle.
It is the stone house adjacent to the south of Our Lady of Victory Church west of the
parking lot. This image appeared in an early 1900s book entitled "Handsome Homes of
Columbus, Ohio" published by S. S. Maughlin & Co. and illustrated by Bucher Engraving Co.
and has the original caption. It was later occupied by the Merkle family (see below). The house
and property were sold to the Catholic Diocise in 1922
(Also, see more about this home in the Grandview ThisWeek Moment in Time page.)