(Text below from a 1923 brochure printed by the H.E. Dusenberry Realty Co.)
Community Lodge No. 684, F. and A. M. was chartered last October  with a charter
membership of exactly 100 members. The Masonic Temple is located at the corner of First
Avenue and Grandview. The handsome new two-story steel, concrete and brick block covers
65 by 130 feet in this growing section. The lodge has the largest and most beautifully furnished
quarters of any blue lodge in this section. The lodge room is 45 by 60 feet. The architecture
is of a Georgian type, designed to create a dignified yet restful and pleasing effect. The woodwork
has been finished in ivory enamel, and the walls and ceiling in two-tone ivory. This effect, with the
mahogany furniture and luxurious blue pattern floor covering, give a pleasing color scheme.
The first Worshipful Master of Community Lodge is Raymond Dowdell; and Walter Whissen, secretary.
Also located in the building are the Richwine's grocery store (seen in the first floor street front (right corner)
of the building, with the interior shown in a photo below,) Koch's Drug Store, and the Grandview
Hardware Company, owned by Mr. Whissen, former Village Clerk and Secretary of the Masons.