This magnificent Dutch colonial home was designed by Dawson and Holbrook and built for Claude K. Siebert
in 1908. The home was described in the January 26, 1908 Columbus Dispatch sketch shown below as being
finished in "mahogany, quartered oak, and white enamel." It was also featured in the GHMCHS 1976 booklet
Sheltering a Heritage. New information regarding this property indicates that Mr. Siebert was the fourth mayor
of Grandview Heights (1915-1919) as well as a colorful entrepreneur and local personality. He enjoyed a long
and illustrious career in the insurance industry and was depicted as a cashier with the John Hancock insurance
agency as depicted in the 1911 caricature from Club Men of Columbus. At the height of his career he was second
vice president of the National Life Insurance Company. Additionally he was the president of the Fifth Avenue
Floral Company, which had extensive green houses on Fifth Avenue and a retail shop on East Broad Street.
By 1923 the company was selling $100,000 worth of flowers and shrubs per year. The home is presently owned by
Carol Farmer and her husband Sam Randazzo who have devoted considerable effort to restoring the home
especially the magnificent wood work.